Thursday, May 29, 2008

What A Week

This is probably not going to be a very long post but i wanted to post some things that are going on here.
This week i had started back to work which is always good. Getting to see the people that you know again. Please pray that i will have oppertunitys to witness to these people. The Highest manager there at Burger King is a Christian. It is really nice. sometimes we talk about the bible and things like that it is really neat to be able to talk to someone there about that kind of stuff. Kathy (another manager) she always will ask me questions about the bible because I am in Bible College. That is something that opened allot of doors to wittness. There is another guy there and he work from like 10:30pm to about 6:00am and he comes in and we talk about things of the bible sometimes too. He is unsaved he thinks that your are able to get to Heaven by being a good person. We have talked about those things before but pray for him as well.
Well tuesday after I got off of work my brother called me and was wanting me to meet him up at the Hospital. So I met up with him and was going to go see my Grandpap. He is in real bad shape. He has COPD along with his suger problem and he just found out that he has this staff infection. He had gotten this from the hospital the last time he was in i guess well they had just found out tuesday. This infection is trasferred through the air. We didn't know that when we went in but then they told us to ask the nurses if we had to put something on to see him and they made us put on these masks to go see him. He was really happy to see us, but he is in bad shape I know that.
Then Wednesday we went to church and it was really good my pastor is amazing. He was talking about how sometimes that we go into church without being prepared to receive the message. And many time that is the case and he was talking about people always saying that they are not getting fed and he was saying how that they were not coming to recieve the message. Sometimes it is just what we do I guess. Just go through with the motions and not really get anything out of it. Then he was talking about us in our devotions and how that we don't get anything out of them because of the same reasons. It was really good. Well it is now Thursday but nothing has happened right now. Well I got to go Until Next Time

3 comments:

Anna Payne said...

Hey! It's so great that you're keeping up with your blog the way you are! It's awesome! I'm really glad that God's working in your life so much! It's fabulous! Hope you get more chances to witness at work!

Anna said...

I am praying for you at work and I will continue praying for your grandpa. It was really good to hear your voice on the phone last night, I though about not answering so you would leave me a voicemail, but I figured that wouldn't be right. So anyway I'm praying for you still and I am so proud of how much you are posting. It helps a lot to be able to see what's going on there even if I can't talk to you. I gotta go it's almost 11:30 and I need to get in the shower. And just so you know, that first year of bugging us to make a cd has finally paid off. Go on Anna's blog to check out the pictures.
~Just me~

For His Purpose said...

Hey buddy. Wow, a lot to pray about. I'll certainly keep you in my prayers and your grandpap as you call him. For His purpose, Shane Gordon.